I often use "in the wild" observations to build up informal impressions of what people are doing. Brooklyn is maybe not representative, but without further ado:
A Near Complete Tech Inventory of a Group Table at a Brooklyn Coffee Shop
All records between 8:45am - 11am on Monday May 7th 2018. Visible technology only.
Initial Seating of Seven People:
- 4x iPhone X
- 1x iphone (6/6s)
- 1x 2016/17 MacBook Pro 13" (non-touchbar)
- 1x 2016/17 MacBook Pro 15" (touchbar)
- 1x 12" ipad Pro (with keyboard)
- 1x Older Macbook 13" (CD-ROM)
- 1x Pretty new Thinkpad (reading about blockchain)
- 3x Apple watch (2 with cellular)
- 1x set of Airpods
Turnover grouped by user:
- 1 Macbook, 2 generations old, sat, tried to turn on, sad battery face, left. iPhone of unknown age.
- iPhone 6/6s
- iphone X, last gen Macbook Pro 13" w/ github sticker on the inside below keyboard.
- MacBook Pro 15" w/ touchbar, iPhone 7+
- iPhone 7, writing complex mathematical equations in pen, on paper 1.0.
- 12" ipad Pro w/ keyboard, iphone 6s.
Subscribe to partialSignal
Get the latest posts delivered right to your inbox